What better way to bring Papua New Guinea to the United States than by building a PNG Village in NYC?
- For one week in New York City, cultural representatives from Papua New Guinea (PNG) took New York by social media storm — from photo-shoots on top of the Empire State Building to converting a Chelsea art gallery into a Pop Up Village.
- Devised and managed all event logistics including the set up and tear down of four events in one day which included a Media Lunch, Wildlife Lecture, Filming Screening and Pop Up Art Gallery
- Liaised with multiple partners including NYC trade partner Absolute Travel, guest speaker Smithsonian’s Bruce Beehler, PNG sponsor Trans Niugini Tours, French filmmaker Marc Dozier and artifact supplier PNG Arts
- Developed a hashtag for the event (#PNGpopUPvillage) and incentivized users throughout the events with opportunities to win one of a kind Papua New Guinea art
- Inspired consumers to visit Papua New Guinea through up-close and personal experiences with the rich culture of PNG
- Motivated media to generate positive press by providing them new stories to tell about Papua New Guinea
- Partnered with NY Daily News to produce an article, photo gallery and video entitled “SEE IT: Tribesman Visit NYC”
- Produced an original video for Tourism Papua New Guinea’s Facebook “See why our friend Fabian is barefoot in Times Square” (Click here to view video)
- 300+ VIP trade, media and consumers attended the PNG Pop Up Village including media from National Geographic, Islands Magazine, Travel Weekly, Lonely Planet, USA Today and Travel + Leisure
- Resulting media coverage in the New York Daily News (online + print), NY Metro Daily (print) and Food Republic totaling over $250,000 in PR value
- Widespread social media coverage resulting in over 500,000 impressions utilizing the hash tag #PNGpopUPvillage
- 25,000 views of Facebook Video